How Do I Set Up Groups?
When setting up groups, there are several things to consider:
- Setting up Groups for the Course – See below
- Manually assigning groups
- Auto assigning groups
- Setting up Groupings (sub-groups of groups)
**First We have to set up the course for group mode
Setting up Groups for the Course
Setting a group mode for the course enables the default group mode for each activity. Individual activities CAN be changed to a different group mode unless Force group mode is enabled.
1. After you have logged into Moodle and you are in your desired course, click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Edit Settings.
2. Scroll down to the Groups section, and using the drop-down menu, choose a group type. (See Managing Groups for explanation of group types)
3. Select from the drop-down menu if you would like to Force group mode. (Enabling this will apply this group mode to all activities in the course; individual group settings will be ignored.)
4. Click Save and display when you are finished.