Moodle Groups are a great option when:
a. You have a Metacourse (two sections of the same course), but want to keep the sections separate for assignment and grading options, or
b. You want to divide your course into smaller groups to work on projects within the course parameters.
How Might I Use Groups?
- Small group discussions using the Forum tool
- Small groups of students use the Wiki and/or Forum tools to work collaboratively on a group project.
- Restrict access to a course resource or activity to a subset of students
- View grades by groups
What Types of Groups Exist?
If you choose to use Groups for your course or individual activities, options are:
- Visible Groups – students can view other groups’ activities, but not participate
- Separate Groups – students can neither view nor participate in other groups’ activities