Emailing Your Class
Instructions for emailing the entire class through Moodle
Instructors often need to send an email to all students and participants within a course that they are teaching. In Moodle, there are several ways to do this. Your choice will depend on the frequency of these emails and how integrated the messages should be in the course material.
** If you want to make sure you are included on the email, use News Forum or Quickmail
You can compose an email directly from Moodle to your class with this module.
In the Quickmail block, click compose new email
4. Select recipients from the list of class participants
5. Other options included in this messaging type are:
a. adding attachments
b. receiving a copy of the email
c. adding a signature
6. Click Send email or save as a Draft.
If you want to integrate the messages into the course site, so that students can refer to them easily, you can use the News Forum/Announcements. Every course has this forum automatically created in the very first section of the course. This forum is set up so that all users are permanently “subscribed” to it, which means that they will receive an email whenever a new post is made in that forum.
Therefore, if you post a new topic to the Announcements Forum, each participant in the course will receive an email with the content that you have just posted. The emails will be sent to the email address that each user has associated with his or her Moodle account, which in the case of all Centre College Moodle instances is the user’s Centre address.
You can use the Participants menu to select all or some of your students and send a simple message.
- While in your course, go to the Navigation drawer on the left.
- Click on Participants. You’ll see a list of participants, students and instructors appear in the content area of the page.
- Use the Select all button, or click individual Select check boxes.
- Choose Send message from the “With selected users” menu.
- Compose the message in the Message Body area.
- Click Send message.