The HTML Block allows instructors to add resources to the course such as:
- RSS feeds
- Twitter Feed
- Links to important resources
- Embedded Spotify playlist
To add the HTML Block
- Click the Settings (wheel) icon and Select Turn editing on.
- Scroll down the course page and on the left-hand side, toward the bottom, you’ll see Add a Block.
- Click that and select from the list *HTML*
To configure and add content to the HTML Block
- Scroll back down to that block and click the Settings (wheel) icon and then *Configure HTML block*
- What you want to appear in the HTML Block will reside in the content box labeled Content
To add images to the HTML Block
- Click the first image icon that looks like a mountain.
- Click browse repositories then click choose a file
- Locate and open the file you wish to appear in the HTML Block.
- Click upload this file (You can change the size and alignment before saving the image, and you either need to give the image a description or click the “description not necessary box” prior to saving.) ** this is not recommended as this is an accessibility concern.
- Click Save image, then Save Changes on the following page.
- The image should appear on the right side of your course in that block.
NOTE: To add Actual HTML code, such as an embed code, click the show/hide advanced icon in the toolbar: