The Journal activity is a great option for students to keep a running log of activities, thoughts, or notes for a class or project. Many faculty use the Journal to have students record reflection pieces or to serve as a written element in creative projects.
Creating a Journal Activity
- Click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Turn Editing on in the upper right corner of your course page.
- Click one of the Add an activity or resource drop down menus and click Journal.
3. Give the Journal a name and set the “Days available” status.
4. If you plan to grade the Journal activity, expand the Grade section and choose the grade “Type” and set a Maximum grade.
5. Click Save and return to course when you are finished.