There are two ways to import course data from another course: The Import feature and the Backup and Restore features. The Import feature we are covering here is the easier of the two and it will only import activities and resources from another course. It will not, however, import student or teacher data, such as forum posts and discussions. It also does not import section headings, labels, graphics or HTML blocks from the source course page.
**If you are importing content from the SAME Moodle server and If your goal is only to reuse some of the content you’ve used before on Moodle, use the Import feature.
1. Go to the destination course for the import, and Click on the Settings (wheel) icon, then click Import.
2. You’ll see a list of courses and a search box. Type the name of your course (e.g. SPA-110-c) and click Search to see available results.
3. Choose the course you want by selecting the radio button next to it or use the Search box to find your course and select it; Click Continue.
4. By default, activities, blocks, and filters from the previous version of the course will be selected. To accept all defaults, click Jump to final step and then click Continue when import is complete. To review or change options, Click Next, then continue to step 5.
5. By default, all material from the previous version of the course will be selected as included. Deselect any material you do not want to bring over to the destination course. Click Next.
6. You’ll get a confirmation page; click Perform Import at the bottom of the page.
7. You’ll get a screen showing Moodle’s progress; Click Continue to go back to your Moodle course.