Adding or Linking to a File
1. First, click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Turn editing on in the upper right corner of your course’s homepage.
2. In the week/topic in which you would like a link to your file to appear, click the Add an activity or resource drop down menu, and select File.
3. Enter the name that you would like to appear for your file. Then drag and drop your file(s) into the Files window.
Alternatively, you can click the file picker icon to search for files.
4. Select the repository you want to search from the list on the left (i.e. Recent, Upload a File, Private files) – likely you’ll choose Upload a file
5. Click the Choose file button to open a pop-up a window to choose a file from your computer. Choose the file and click Open. You may (but it’s not required) rename the file before you click Upload this file.
6. Click the Save and return to course.
7. The file will now be listed on your course page.
Linking to a Folder of Documents
1. Click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Turn editing on at the top right of your course homepage.
2. In the desired week/topic, click the Add an activity or resource drop down menu, and select Folder.
3. Give the folder a name then drag and drop files into the Content window.
4. You can click the Create folder icon to create nested folders. To move files from one folder to another, choose the proper folder Path on the file when you click on it.
5. Choose whether folder contents should be displayed on a separate page or inline on a course page.
6. Finally, choose whether subfolders are expanded and whether students can download folders.
5. When finished, click the Save and return to course to return to your course homepage or the Save and display button to view the files in the directory. These files and folders will be available in the “Server Files” repository for future reference.
Uploading multiple files at once
1. First, make sure all of the files you would like to upload together are placed into one folder on your computer.
2. On a PC, right click on the folder in which all of your files are located and, under “Send to,” click Compressed (zipped) folder. On a Mac, ctrl+click the folder and click Create archive of [folder name]. In both cases, a new file will be created with the same name but with a “.zip” extension.
3. On your course homepage, in the section you want the link to the file to appear, select Folder from the “Add an activity or resource” selector.
4. After filling in the required “Name” field, drag the .zip file from your computer to the Files window.
5. You can leave the file as a .zip file, or if you want to unzip it within the folder, click on the file and select unzip. Files will unzip inside the folder.
8. Click Save and return to course when you are finished.
The folder with contents will now appear on your course page.