Creating a Book in Moodle can provide faculty with a place to put multiple pages of content, media, and other resources in an organized manner. Students can easily flip through the book to find the content they want or need.
The Book Module creates a Table of Contents for students to easily navigate between “chapter” headings or topics. You will have the option to use numerical, bulleted, or indented chapter formatting, or none at all.
There are two steps to setting up a Book – Step 1-Creating the structure, Step 2 – Creating the content
Step 1: Creating a Book
1. Click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Turn editing on in the upper right corner of your course page.
2. Click one of the Add an activity or resource drop down menus and select Book from the list.
3. Give the book a name that best describes the content that will be housed in this resource. You can also add a description with more detailed instructions on how to navigate the book, or what is contained within the book.
4. Under the Appearance drop down section, choose how you want chapters formatted and the style of navigation
You can also check the box to use Custom Titles, and create your own Chapter Indexes in the Table of Contents.
5. When you are finished, click Save and Display to go to Step 2.
Step 2: Setting up the Content
1. Now you will give your first Chapter a Title, and Add content.
2. Click Save Changes to see what the first chapter will look like.
3. To add additional Chapters, click on the plus sign in the table of contents and repeat steps 1 and 2.
To navigate between Chapters or Topics, you and students can use the Arrows or the Table of Contents. To change settings or content in any of your chapters or topics, relocate them, hide them, or delete them, use the tools to the right of the title.