Creating a Book in Moodle can provide faculty with a place to put multiple pages of content, media, and other resources in an organized manner. Students can easily flip through the book to find the content they want or need.
The Book Module creates a Table of Contents for students to easily navigate between “chapter” headings or topics. You will have the option to use numerical, bulleted, or indented chapter formatting, or none at all.
1. To get started, turn editing on and select “Add an activity or resource” in the topic section of your choosing.
2. Choose Book from the Resources section toward the bottom.
3. Give the book a name that best describes the content that will be housed in this resource. You can also add a description with more detailed instructions on how to navigate the book, or what is contained within the book.
4. Under the Appearance drop down section, choose how you want chapters formatted.
You can also check the box to use Custom Titles, and create your own Chapter Indexes in the Table of Contents.
5. When you are finished, click Save and Display.
6. You will then be prompted to give your first Chapter a Title, and add content.
7. Click Save Changes to see what the first chapter will look like.
8. To add additional Chapters, Click on the plus sign in the table of contents and repeat steps 6 and 7.
To navigate between Chapters or Topics, you and students can use the Arrows or the Table of Contents. To change settings or content in any of your chapters or topics, relocate them, hide them, or delete them, use the tools to the right of the title.