How to Create a Quiz
How to create a quiz (once you have questions in your Question Database)
1. Begin by logging in to your site as usual and then go to your course.
2. Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right-hand corner of the front page of your course.
3. Scroll down to the section in which you want to create a quiz. From the Add an activity or resource drop-down menu, select Quiz.
4. Give your quiz a name. Remember, this name will become a link to the quiz on the front page of your course. Specific, descriptive resource and activity names help your students navigate your course.
5. Add an introduction to your quiz. (This is optional.) Include instructions, links to other resources, images, etc, to help your students understand what you want them to do. Remember, this is just a description and should not contain any
questions yet. You’ll add them later.
Click Show More for additional features.
* Default time expiration settings are: Open attempts are submitted automatically. If you choose to allow a grace period, you will be allowed to set a submission grace period, where students can submit the quiz after the time limit, but can no longer answer questions.
7. Under Grade settings, Choose your grade category if you have setup categories (see Adding and Editing Categories in Gradebook)
Determine how many attempts students will have for the quiz. If multiple attempts are selected, you will have the option to select the grading method.
8. Choose a Question Order from the drop-down menu, and decide how many questions you would like to appear on each page. Click Show More for Navigation options (the default is Free).
9. Decide if you would like the questions to be shuffled, and how feedback will be shown to students. (Default is Deferred Feedback) *Remember to click Show More for additional options.
10. Decide which feedback and results you want the students to see and at which point in the quiz-taking process. For example, do you want the students to be able to review their answers but not see the correct answers until the testing period is over? You can update these settings at any time later, so don’t be concerned at this point if you’re not sure.
* Important to note:
- If you want students to be able to review the quiz questions, check The attempt
- If you want student to be able to see their grade, check Marks
- If you don’t set a Close Quiz time, these settings should be set under the “Later, while the quiz is still open” section.
- If you set these settings under “Immediately after the attempt”, students may be able to share answers with other students who have not yet completed the quiz.
11. Scroll through remaining settings to double check you are satisfied, then click the Save and Display button. Clicking this button will allow you to add questions to your quiz.