Adding Questions to a Quiz
Quiz: Adding Questions to a Quiz
The remaining step to finish creating a quiz is to add your questions to the quiz. To be clear about this: Right now, your questions are just sitting in the question bank (database), but they are not yet a part of your quiz.
1. Click on the link to the quiz that you created earlier. Until now, this quiz has only had basic settings, such as availability dates, feedback and score preferences, and a name.
2. Click Edit Quiz.
3. The page that appears is divided into 2 sections. On the left, you’ll see a blank placeholder that you’ll fill up with your quiz questions. On the right, you’ll see all the categories and questions you set up previously in the Question Database.
4. On the right, in the Category pull-down menu, select the category containing the questions you want to add to your quiz. Then, click on the question(s) you wish to add to the quiz.
5. Click the Add to quiz button underneath this area on the right. Continue adding questions in this manner until you’ve added all of the quiz questions you want to have in the quiz.
6. On the left-hand side of the page, you will see all of the questions you’ve added in the order in which you added them. If you want to reorder how the questions appear to the students, you can click the up or down arrows to the right of the question name. You can also change the point value for each question by changing the numerical value next to each question. The value that you currently see reflects what you assigned to the question when it was created. You can change the point value here, though, very easily, as well as the maximum point value for the quiz itself.
7. Click the Save button, if you make any changes.
Order and Paging
1. If you wish to change the order of questions or where they appear on specific pages, click on the Order and paging tab.
2. Here you can reorder questions, move questions to a selected page, or add additional pages.
3. Remember to click Save if you make any changes.