The Questionnaire activity is a simplified version of the Quiz activity, which more closely resembles a customizable survey tool.
Like many activities in Moodle, the Questionnaire activity has two parts to setup the activity: 1 – the overall structure, and 2- the actual questions/format
Step 1: Create the Questionnaire structure
- Click the Settings (wheel) icon and click Turn Editing On in the upper right corner of your course page.
- Click one of the Add an activity or resource links and click Questionnaire from the list.
3. Give the Questionnaire a name.
4. Expand Timing if you want to set an open/close date for the activity, then check enable checkboxes to edit dates/times.
5. Expand Response Options and set your desired options:
- Type (many, once, daily, weekly, monthly)
- Respondent Type (fullname or anonymous)
- Students can view ALL responses (After answering the questionnaire, after it is closed, always, or never)
- Send submission notifications (no, notification only, full submission)
- Save/resume answers (no/yes)
- Allow branching questions (no/yes)
- Auto numbering (auto number pages and questions, do not number, auto number questions, auto number pages)
- Submission grade (no grade, or 1-100)
6. Once all settings are as you prefer, click Save and display to go to Step 2.
Step 2: Setting up the Questionnaire format/questions
- Click Add questions from the top left of the page.
2. From the drop down menu under Add questions, select the type of question you would like to add, then click Add selected question type.
3. Follow the instructions on the next page to fully setup the question type, then click Save changes when you are finished.
4. The question will appear in the Manage questions section for you to review. (example below)
5. Continue adding questions to your Questionnaire by repeating steps 2-4 until you have your finished activity.
6. To preview what students will see, click the Preview tab.