Upload a Single File
To add an assignment:
1. Log in and go to your course; click Turn editing on in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. A series of “Add an activity or resource” drop down menus will appear. Click one of the drop down menus and click Assignment.
3. Type a name for the Assignment and a Description (these can be the same).
- You can Enable Available from and Due date times by checking the Enable box.
- When enabled, the cutoff date allows late assignment submission until this set date/time.
4. Choose your Submission type:
- Online text allows students to type essay answers directly into the assignment window for submission.
- File submissions allows students to upload documents for grading.
- Maximum number of uploaded files determines the number of files for this assignment they can submit.
5. Choose Feedback types:
- Feedback comments allows comments on uploaded assignments.
- Offline grading worksheet allows download and upload of worksheet with student grades when marking the assignment.
- Feedback files allows documents and audio uploads for student feedback on assignments.
6. Submission Settings:
Click SHOW MORE
- Requiring students to click submit button allows them to keep a draft until they are ready to submit.
- You can determine to Manually reopen attempts, if desired, and set a maximum number of attempts.
Click Show More to see settings for Blind Marking and Marking Workflow
8. If you want to change group settings, see Managing Groups, otherwise, click Save and return to course.