The Centrenauts: Progress update

Greetings class,

This is the last week of the Centre term, and that means the deadline of everything is coming. The Centrenauts has been through multiple challenges during the development of Espionaut, and it is proud to say that they were all solved perfectly. Everyone in the Cemtrenauts group was working hard this past weekend. Each individual was focusing on their assigned parts from the portfolio. On the Sunday night, the group members held a 2-hour meeting in the library to work as a group. We shared our thoughts on our own parts, and confirmed with each other if this part went right. High efficiency while we working as a group, and boost up the speed of the final portfolio.

While we were working on the parts, the game itself was being tested as well. Right now the game is running fine, but not so smooth. It is really funny to see our spy can only “sprint” in the game instead of “walking”. I think Alex is going to fix this problem. Also, we were discussing something else about the game: What are we going to show the people when the demo is over?

Maybe the spy is going to sleep, who knows. Someone said. Well, let’s just let the players explore the map by themselves. Another one said.

It was stressful to write the portfolio, however, it seemed much better if the group members meet together.

For today, we went through the agenda for this week. Finishing up the portfolio by Tuesday and meet together in the evening. We will go through them together and make sure that every part of the portfolio connects with each other. So now, everything is on track. People will keep correcting their drafts for the portfolio and makes sure the game is going to run smoothly (without bugs)on Wednesday.I am working on the introduction part of the portfolio. I am in struggle because it is a HUGE project for an English-as-second-language student. Connecting each sentences makes me feel panic and what’s more, my poor grammar is my weak point. I am going to show my introduction part to the ESL teacher in order to get some help before something more terrible is going to happen later.

I still look forward to the group presentation day, and I am certain that this class will be memorable to me.