Group 5: some real progress

Greeting from group 5! Today we get some real progress on the podcast. We completed our first 1 minute 46 seconds podcast of a brief introduction! And especially to my surprise, we successfully made it in just one time! I am so happy that I, as the only non-native English speaker, did not stagger, as I always do, to pull off the time. (Though it is my fault to not remembering checking out the snowball yesterday, and also, use some un-academic expression in the audio, on which my group mates promised me to help me correct it in our final draft.)

A lot of thanks to Will, who plays the role of the host and glue in our podcast. Thanks for his perfect and professional voice devote in our first clip of audio. Thanks for his helping in picking up the background music, and his fluid communication with all of us. A lot of thanks to Christine, who shoulders the responsibility to explain the power, gender and sexuality symbol in snakes and dragon in Japanese tales. Also thanks to her great effort in looking for and deciding the background music, who among over 10 clips, finally found the best one for our introduction. A lot of thanks to Caitlin, who together with Christine shoulders the responsibility to interpret Japanese dragon and snake but focus on another aspect of water. Most importantly, she devoted her computer to be the main manipulate one. She took the main part to record voice and glue the chosen BGM into our introduction.

As I am almost an idiom in computer, I could not be helpful in fixing some technical problems on auditing and making the final recording like Christ and Will did. I mainly focus on writing my part of full script today since I have no confidence in inadvertently talking academically on ying-yang and Chinese symbolization on dragons and snakes. But I had a great discussion with my group mates. I think the idea of ying-yang is too complex to discuss it in just a few minutes. As shown in my recent presentation, we agree that dragon and snake can be correspond to yang and ying. But in my further study, I find the concept of ying-yang is so inclusive and covers ranges of fields. Therefore, both snakes and dragons have traits of ying and yang, though there are tons of evidence showing that snake has property of yin and dragons as yang. For example, a female ancestral god is in the form of snakes and the male one is in the form of dragon. Will talked to me that I can certainly mention the complexity in ying-yang, but not necessary to talk of it for all the time since we are not focusing on ying-yang but the meaning behinds snakes and dragons. Christine and Caitlin both agree to adjust some of their arguments to my new finding. What are they? We will talk about it in our script.